Day 1: Johannesburg to Mpumalanga, South Africa
You depart from Johannesburg at 06:30am heading towards Mpumalanga on day one of your South Africa camping safari. The dramatic landscape is characterised by mountains, panoramic passes, lush valleys, rivers, waterfalls and forests.
Your camp for the night will be in the old mining town of Pilgrims Rest, where you will get a chance to explore this quaint and historic town. You will also visit the Mac Mac Falls and God's Window. Lunch and dinner is included.
Days 2 & 3: Kruger National Park, South Africa
Your next stop is the famous Kruger National Park, South Africa's premier National Park and wildlife sanctuary. Here you will enjoy game drives in search for big game that is predominant in this area.
Keep your eyes peeled for the Big Five, as well as countless other species of animals in this vast African wilderness area, and keep your camera handy. Game drives will be conducted in the early morning and late afternoon, times when animals are most visible. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Day 4: Kingdom of Swaziland
Today you travel to the mountainous Kingdom of Swaziland, one of the 3 monarchies in Africa. Lead by King Mswati III, the Swazi's prides themselves in their traditional lifestyle and culture.
You will explore the Malalotja Reserve on foot and enjoy the spectacular mountain scenery, rare birdlife and the 95 metre high Malalotja waterfall. You overnight in a comfortable log cabin boasting fabulous views. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Days 5 & 6: Zululand, South Africa
You visit the craft markets near Mbabane before re-entering South Africa. Mkuzi Game Reserve is a sanctuary for the endangered Black Rhino.
You enjoy a full day of game drives, stopping at the waterhole hides, watching many animals come to quench their thirst. In the afternoon you travel to a local Zulu village to learn about their culture, traditions and way of life. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Days 7 & 8: Drakensberg Mountains, South Africa
Today your South Africa adventure tour moves further south to the base of the Drakensberg Mountains, your base for the next 2 nights. You will enjoy walking along the tranquil mountain stream paths in search for Bushman rock paintings or just admiring the spectacular views. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Days 9 & 10: Wild Coast, South Africa
You pass the rolling hills dotted with Xhosa villages as you make your way to the Wild Coast on day 9 of your South Africa camping safari. You will spend the night on the Wild Coast, within walking distance from the beach.
Spend your day watching the mischievous dolphins playing in the waves. Day 10 is yours to enjoy at leisure, exploring the area on foot, meeting with the locals, or simply relaxing on the beach. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Day 11: Addo Elephant National Park, South Africa
The Addo Elephant National Park is renowned for its large concentration of Elephant and offers a unique wildlife experience. You participate in game drives in search of Elephant, Black Rhino, Lion, Buffalo and Leopard. Your evening can be spent relaxing at the floodlit waterhole, enjoying the comings and goings of the nocturnal creatures of the Park. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Days 12 & 13: Tsitsikamma, South Africa
The indigenous and lush Tsitsikamma forests surround your campsite at the mouth of the Storms River. Here you can enjoy walks up the Storms River Gorge and along the rocky coastline. You will also have the option in plunging from the world's highest bungi jump at Bloukrans Bridge.
If you are lucky enough to be touring between July and November, you may be able to enjoy some spectacular Whale watching during your South Africa adventure tour. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Day 14: Karoo, South Africa
After you visit to the Knysna Heads on day 14 of your South Africa adventure tour, you travel over the Outeniqua Mountains into the Little Karoo. In Oudtshoorn you tour an Ostrich farm, maybe even riding one of these incredibly large and fast birds.
You will spend the night at a campsite just outside Oudtshoorn under a canopy of stars. There is also an optional tour into the magnificent Cango Caves. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.
Days 15 & 16: Cape Town, South Africa
You visit Stellenbosch for some delicious wine tasting and a cellar tour. You travel to the cosmopolitan city of Cape Town and explore the city's many attractions.
Visit Cape Point - the southern most tip of Africa - the Cape of Good Hope, Chapman's Peak drive, the Hout Bay harbour, the wonderful beaches of Cape Town, and the popular Victoria and Alfred Waterfront.
There is also an optional visit to the historical Robben Island. Your meals while in Cape Town will be at a variety of restaurants and at your own expense. Breakfast, however, is included.
Day 17: Cape Town, South Africa
Don't let the fact that this is the last day of your tour deter you from having a wonderful time. Today you climb Table Mountain in the morning and admire the magnificent views over Table Bay and Cape Town, You will spend the afternoon catching up on some last minute souvenir shopping or just relaxing on the beach before the end of your tour at 18:00pm. Breakfast is included.
- Sightseeing along the Mpumalanga Panorama Route
- Game drives in Kruger National Park
- Mountain walks in Swaziland
- Game drives and visit to the cultural village in Zululand
- Mountain walks in the Drakensberg Mountains
- Walks and Ostriches in the Garden Route and Karoo
- Cape Point and Table Mountain in Cape Town
- 7 nights in hotels/cabins and 9 nights camping
- Entrance fees
- Use of camping equipment (except sleeping bags)
- Transport in minibus/safari truck
- Meals as per itinerary
- Professional guide
Why travelers like this trip:
- Variety - this tour covers much of what South Africa has to offer, from the wildlife of the Kruger Park and the culture of Zululand to the vibrant city life of Cape Town
- National Parks and wildlife areas - this tour includes visiting 10 national parks, from the Big Five country of Kruger Park, to the penguins and fynbos of the Cape of Good Hope
- Culture and history - the unique and diverse culture and history is often explored on this trip, including optional trips to Robben Island
- Scenery - South Africa is renowned for its breathtaking scenery
- Small group - enjoy the comfort, freedom and friendliness of traveling in a small group
- Walking - you will have a lot of opportunities of exploring the areas on foot. The walks are easy to moderate and last between 1 - 6 hours
- Adventure - riding an Ostrich, Cango caving, bungi jumping
- Camping for 9 nights
- Mountain cabin for 3 nights
- Cabin for 2 nights
- Hotel/chalet for 2 nights
- On foot: There are easy to moderate walks throughout the tour.
- Vehicle: For longer distance travel, a custom built safari trucks is used with 12 forward facing seats. These trucks are comfortable for touring and good for game viewing, with large sliding windows and viewing hatches giving everyone a good view. A Toyota Hiace with 10 forward facing seats is also used.
This trip should be fun for anyone who is generally active and in good health, and a combination of camping and basic accommodation makes for a comfortable and easy tour. Participation is key on this tour and clients are expected to help out with setting up/puling down camp and cleaning up after meals.
Please enquire about rates / prices